Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: Oriflame Pure Colours Lipstick in Vintage Rose


Back when I was on the lookout for the perfect nude lipstick, I came across this little beauty. And little it is! Oriflame Pure Colours is available in a smaller size (2.5 gm) for trial and I picked the two nude shades that the catalogue showed. One is Vintage Nude and the other is Vintage Rose. Today, let's talk about Vintage Rose

See how small it is compared to a standard lipbalm?



What Oriflame Claims
There is no product info on the site

What I Think
Without Flash
With Flash
The colour in tube comes across a soft pink and upon swatching you realise it is a warm, pink toned nude shade. It is quite sheer and glossy. You can see the swatches which are built up post 3 swipes.

The packaging is ok. Does not look cheap but not very elegant either. I wish the shade was easier to detect though. I have to squint my eyes and read the shade name on the small tube.

It has a pleasant sweet smell that lasts for a while post application. Nothing offensive, but not everyone likes their lippies to smell.

The lasting power could have been better. A lot better. This lasts for about two hours and vanishes without a trace :( It is non drying but not moisturising. If you wear a balm underneath, the pigmentation goes for a toss!

This was my goto lipstick when I first got this. Great for office wear and will match any outfit and look. My Mahogany has usurped it from crown position but I still love to get it out. It is excellent for air travel. Fits into the smallest of pockets and small enough to do a discreet touch up on your seat!

What It Costs
The 4 gm version costs INR 179 and the 2.5 gm one costs INR 99. But they are on offer very often and I picked mine for INR 59 only. These are good enough without the offer as well, but becomes a steal deal with discounts

The Good

  1. The shade. It is an amazing warm nude shade that will suit just about everyone
  2. You don't need a gloss with this
  3. Quite economical

The Bad

  1. It should have been more long lasting
  2. Shade selection from catalogue is tricky. It looked nothing like this in the printed swatch

The Ugly
Availability is a big issue. It is available only thru Oriflame reps. Let's not count ebay here. I am not sure if they sell genuine or fake stuff! And even if you have a rep close by, the product may not feature in every month's catalogue.

Final Rating
7/10

16 comments:

  1. wow this looks lovely and I agree about the shade difference in reality as compared to the print !

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ CookDoKoo, yeah.. this is an awesome shade... catalogue shopping can be a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have bought 2 oriflame pc lippies recently............ this shade is too nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ani, do you like Oriflame lippies? I feel certain ranges are very goo while others can do with improvement. Which ones did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hie :D

    I have vintage nude and I love it like anything :) this rose one looks very pretty, would check it out soon,, just one question,,are these easily available cos I wanna stock on vintage nude for sure,,guess these are in their permanent line :)

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got soft caramel and coral rose.......... i love their make up range....i bought 1 new launched eye defining pencil of oriflame......... that is so good........i recently shopped some oriflame stuffs

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous peachy pink shade..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Manya, :) what nude pink shades do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a couple of these and I must say these did not disappoint me for the price. I actually do love them and these are so easy to carry around!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Namita, yes.. these are part of the permanent line and are often in the catalogue...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Ani, oh soft caramel was on my wish list too :) i quite like oriflame stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Krupa, yes... it does have some peach undertones...

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Nivedita, did you get them on discount? I quite like them :)

    ReplyDelete